The Strawberry Tiramisù is the summer version of the traditional one. Plenty of strawberries, with apple juice instead of coffee, it is a fresh pudding for the hot season.
All you need is to beat 4 yolks with 5 tablespoons of Demerara/caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Then you have to incorporate 250 g of Mascarpone.
Whisk the egg whites until firm and gently add to the mascarpone mixture with a spatula.
Quickly soak the savoiardi biscuits into a good-quality apple juice. Place the biscuits in a deep serving dish, and have your ingredients ready to be combined.
Add the strawberries to the mascarpone mixture at the very last moment, to keep it soft.
Cover the savoiardi with the strawberry and mascarpone and make another layer.
Finally add fresh strawberries and few amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed with your hands.
Freeze for 30 minutes and then put in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tiramisù alle fragole - Strawberry Tiramisù
4 large fresh eggs, separated
5 tablespoons caster sugar
250 g mascarpone
800 g strawberries, stems removed and quartered
12 amaretti biscuits, crumbled
250 g savoiardi (sponge)biscuits
400 ml apple juice
Serves 8 to 10
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus ½ hour in the freezer and 1 hour in the fridge.
1. Put the strawberries in a bowl.
2. With a hand-mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until fluffy and pale.
3. Using your hand mixer, incorporate mascarponeto the egg yolks, a little at a time until the mixture is smooth.
4. In another bowl, whip the egg whites until firm.
5. Fold gently the whites into the mascarponemixture, mixing with a spatula. Finally, add 2/3 of the strawberries.
6. In a bowl, pour the apple juice and soak the savoiardi in,covering the base of a deep dish with half of the biscuits.
7. Arrange the mascarpone and fruit cream over the savoiardi. Sprinkle with the amaretti biscuits. Make another layer of soaked savoiardiand mascarpone mixture and cover with amarettiand the remaining strawberries.
8. Seal off with cling film.
9. Freeze for ½ hour.
10. Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.