I like to make my conchiglioni on Sundays, to celebrate the conviviality of a festive day.
I combine ricotta with spinach and green peas. I finish my mixture with Parmesan and nutmeg.
While preparing a simple passata sauce, I cook my conchiglioni pasta. I drain and arrange them in a large dish with a drizzle of oil. I fill them with the spinach mixture and place on the oven dish.
I cover the pasta with the passata
I sprinkle my pasta with Parmesan and dot it with ricotta before baking it. Its ready in 20 minutes. Everybody likes it!
Conchiglioni ripieni spinaci e ricotta
Spinach, Peas and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta
250 g conchiglioni (large pasta shells)
500 g fresh spinach, washed and chopped
250 g garden peas, frozen
250 g ricotta cheese
4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon nutmeg
60 g freshly grated Parmesan
1 medium onion, finely chopped
600 g tomato passata
Salt and black pepper
Extra virgin oil
Serves 4 to 5
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
1) In a large pan, heat one tablespoon of oil and sauté the spinaches with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes on medium heat, until the water has evaporated. Stir frequently.
2) In a small pan, cover the peas with cold water, bring to the boil, add salt and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and add to the spinach.
3) In a large bowl, combine 200 g of ricotta with 50 g of Parmesan, stir in spinach and peas and add nutmeg and sage. Check the seasoning.
4) In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes on low heat. Add the tomato passata and leave to a simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
5) Cook pasta in plenty of salted water, drain al dente and place in a large dish. Dress with a tablespoon of oil.
6) Preheat the oven to 180°C, with fan.
7) Grease an oven dish (25cm x 30cm) with butter and pour 3 tablespoons of passata over the bottom. Fill the conchiglioni with a tablespoon of spinach mixture. Arrange them on the dish - open side up – on one layer. Cover with the passata. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, dot with the remaining ricotta and bake for 20 minutes.
8) Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.