venerdì 2 novembre 2018

Dahl con polpettine di agnello e cavolo riccio croccante - Dahl with Lamb Boulettes and Crispy Kale


Dahl is one of my favourite dish in the cold season. I prepare it at least once a week, as it is quick, healthy, tasty, comforting  and so versatile that I can always serve it in different variations. Today, I combine my dahl with mini-boulettes of minced lamb and I finish it with crispy kale. Three dishes - dahl, boulettes and crispy kale - in one-course meal to share with family and friends. If you prepare and cook the boulettes and the kale while the dahl is simmering, it will take no longer than half an hour to have your meal ready. It is just a question of organisation. 






I start by making my DAHL. Here are the ingredients: red lentils, shallot, spring onions, garlic, turmeric, cumin, paprika, ginger (not in the picture but in the dish).



I saute' onions and shallot in a little oil and after few minutes I stir in the lentils. Then I cover it with vegetable stock and I leave it to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.


While the dahl is cooking, I prepare my LAMB BOULETTES by mixing the meat mince with one egg and one shallot finely chopped. I mould them and place in an oven tin lined with parchment. I drizzle them with little oil and bake for 10 minutes.



Meanwhile, I prepare the KALE by removing all the stems from the leaves and eventually I arrange the leaves on another oven tin lined with parchment. I dress the leaves with oil and sea salt and I toss them with my hands to combine.



I bake the kale for exactly 8 minutes, I remove it instantly from the oven and set aside.


I combine the three ingredients in the single dishes and I serve at once. No leftovers!

Dahl con polpettine di agnello e cavolo riccio croccante
Dahl with Lamb Boulettes and crispy Kale

For the Dahl:
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 banana shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground ginger
olive oil
sea salt
200 g red lentils
800 ml vegetable stock

For the meat boulettes:
250 g minced lamb 
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 small shallot, very finely chopped
sea salt
black pepper
flour to coat
olive oil to drizzle

For the crispy kale:
200 g kale leaves
olive oil
sea salt

Serves 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes

Dahl
Sauté onions and shallot in a little oil with a pinch of salt on medium heat for 3-4 minutes; add the lentils and cook for another minute, stirring continuously. Then, cover it with the vegetable stock, add the spices and leave it to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Baked Boulettes
Het the oven to 200 C.
While the dahl is cooking, prepare the boulettes by mixing the meat mince in a bowl with the egg and the chopped shallot. Season with salt and black pepper and mould the boulettes into the size of a nut. Coat with flour and place in an oven tin, lined with parchment. Drizzle with little oil and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.

Crispy Kale
Keep the oven hot to 200 C.
Arrange the kale leaves over an oven tin lined with parchment. Remove any stem left. Dress with oil and salt and toss to coat. Your hands will be the perfect tools to do so.
Bake for 8 minutes. Remove immediately from the oven and place on a serving dish.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento