venerdì 11 marzo 2016

My One-off Friday Soup



I always cook a soup on Fridays and always a different one, as I prepare it with any vegetables left over in the fridge. I enjoy the feeling of inventing a dish with just what I have, without wasting anything. No recipes on Fridays, just the pleasure of cooking what I like. 



Today I made my soup with 2 small leeks, half a white cabbage, one large white courgette, 2 new potatoes, 2 carrots, the heart of a celery, one fennel with its green leaves (dill), some red lentils to give extra texture, bay leaves and parsley. 



In my copper pan - the best ever to make soup with, as it cooks at very low temperatures - I sautéd all the vegetables with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil for 2 minutes. Then I covered it with boiling water.
After half an hour, I decided to add frozen green peas and some tomato paste, for extra colour.
In all, I cooked it for around 40 minutes, leaving it to cool in the pan to infuse the flavours. 


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento