sabato 17 settembre 2016

Tortino di riso - Rice Tortino


Tortino is a vegetable pie, usually made without pastry. Here I combine vegetables with rice.




It is essential using risotto rice, either Carnaroli or Arborio, as the starch keeps together the tortino. For the filling, I choose frozen peas and spinach, as they give a delicate flavour and nice colour to the dish. However, any vegetable is good.


I saute' the onion first and then I add the peas and cook them slowly. Eventually I combine the spinach. 


I make my tortino in different layers. I start with the rice. 



Then I arrange the green vegetables.


I sprinkle the feta over the vegetables.


I cover the vegetables with the remaining rice and I arrange the courgette over it.
I sliced my courgette with a mandolina, in order to get the thinnest slices. 

Tortino di riso
Rice Tortino  



200 g risotto rice
500 ml vegetable stock
2 eggs
50 ml dry white wine
1 large onion, very finely chopped
200 g frozen green peas
200 g frozen spinach 

Few leaves of fresh mint, chopped
100 g feta cheese
40 g freshly grated Parmesan
1 small courgette, very finely sliced
20 g butter
Sea salt and black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil


Seves 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes

  1. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the onion on low heat for 10 minutes.
  2. Add peas and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Pour in the wine, let it evaporate for 1 minute and leave to cook on very low heat, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Combine the spinach and cook for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh mint.
  4. Preheat the oven to 200° C.
  5. Place the rice in a pan, cover with the stock and bring it to the boil. Leave to simmer for 17 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add water, if it dries up.
  6. Once cooked, remove the rice from the heat, stir in the eggs and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan.
  7. Grease a round tin (20 cm diameter) with butter. Line it with baking paper and cover the bottom with half of the rice. Place the peas and spinach over the rice, sprinkle with feta cheese and seal it with the remaining rice.
  8. Arrange the courgette slices over the bottom, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes.
  9. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before lifting the tortino out of the tin and arrange it on a serving dish. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento