sabato 20 gennaio 2018

Vellutata viola - Purple Veloute

January means winter. No colours around, few vegetables at the farmers market, short days.
However, with a bit of creativity, we can make up seasonal recipes able to enlighten our long evenings.
I love all the cabbages, I love their crunchiness and variety of colours, from the cavolo nero to the red cabbage through all shades of greens and white.


Here I combine a red cabbage with potatoes and red onions. I trim, peel and roughly chop my vegetable - no need to be precise as I make a veloute at the end - and I cook it for half an hour.


Seasonal, no waste and a great joy for your eyes. The colour is amazing! No photoshop.

Vellutata Viola - Purple Veloute

half of a medium red cabbage (350 g), trimmed and roughly shredded
2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
2 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
500 ml vegetable stock
sea salt
black pepper
yogurt (optional)

Serves 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes

1. In a pan, place the vegetable and cover with stock.

2. Bring it to the boil and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.

3. Blend it in a blender and season with black pepper and salt, if needed.

1. Serve at once, with a spoon of yogurt, if you wish.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento